Image Optimizer Update
원본 이미지를 다양한 해상도의 디바이스에 최적화된 섬네일로 변환하고 배포할 수 있도록 손쉬운 이미지 변환 서비스를 제공합니다.
Easy and Convenient Image Conversion Service
Image Optimizer is a cloud-based real-time image conversion service to easily resize images according to the resolution of various of devices, such as mobile phone, tablet, and computer.
You can connect to other services for image conversion from storage, image conversion, CDN, and even log analysis. The image conversion is limited for the preset types and avoids any unnecessary charges. All features are easily accessible through a web-based console.
- Easy and Convenient Image Conversion Settings
- On a web-based console environment, you can easily create rules to designate the products to link with the Image Optimizer and conduct for image conversion. Conveniently configure a link to the Object Storage for storing original images, CDN for thumbnail deployment, and Cloud Log Analytics for storing and managing detailed conversion history.
- Prevention of Unintended Image Conversions
- Since image conversion is allowed only for the preset conversion type and resolution, you can prevent any unintended or malicious mass image conversions in advance.
- Fees Adjusted to the Service Environment
- The image conversion service and CDN service are two separate services so the usage of each service is calculated separately. This allows you to reduce any unnecessary costs and enjoy an effective fee suitable for your service environment, i.e., if you have high number of image conversions only or CDN distributions only.
- Stable Conversion and Distribution Services
- We use the same image conversion engine and service architecture as the ones used by Naver services. You can use high quality stable image conversion services that are applied with the years of Naver's know-hows.
1) Linking products: Save original images to the Object Storage bucket → select the bucket from the Image Optimizer → set up CDN → apply for Cloud Log Analytics link → complete the linkage.
2) Setting up conversion-allowed types: Select Project → set up the conversion-allowed type to apply for the Project → complete the setup.
Customers Recommended for this Service
- If you have a multi-device supported service and require a frequent change of image resolutions. (E.g., shopping mall and community services)
- If you have a service where your customers upload many images and need to adjust it to the standardized size. (E.g., SNS and travel site services)
- If you need to renew images distributed to various types of devices. (E.g., news service)
- If you are looking for an easy and convenient image conversion tool for effective operation.
Image Optimizer를 통해, 고객은 원본이미지를 서비스 용도에 맞추어 다양하게 변환할 수 있습니다.이미지 변환은 실시간으로 이루어지며, 변환 기능은 고객의 요청을 반영하여 지속 추가할 예정입니다.
■ 현재 Image Optimizer가 제공하는 이미지 변환은 아래와 같습니다.
리사이즈 & 크롭 / 리사이즈 / 가로기준 변환 / 세로기준 변환/ 강제변환 등 다양한 기준으로 이미지 사이즈를 조절할 수 있습니다.
섬네일에 삽입할 워터마크를 선택하고 위치를 조절할 수 있습니다.
- Sharpen : 섬네일 이미지를 조금 더 선명하게 보여주는 효과로, 글자 이미지이거나 압축률이 높아 이미지가 흐려지는 경우에 사용할 수 있습니다.
- Blur : 섬네일 이미지를 흐릿하게 만드는 효과를 적용할 수 있습니다.
- Black & White : 섬네일의 색상을 흑백으로 변경할 수 있습니다.
변환할 타겟 섬네일의 포맷 타입을 설정할 수 있습니다. (※ [입력포맷] jpg, gif, png [출력포맷] jpg, gif, png)
원본이 gif 애니메이션일 경우, 섬네일을 동적 이미지로 변환할지 정지 이미지(첫장 기준)로 변환할지 선택할 수 있습니다.
Connects with Other NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM Products
For stable conversion and distribution of images into thumbnails, you can use the web-based console to manage and configure the Object Storage to save the original image, CDN for a stable distribution, and Cloud Log Analytics for detailed view of logs. The bucket of Object Storage and CDN settings connected to each Project (a service unit) can be changed according to your needs.
Setup and Management of Conversion Rules
You can preset the conversion rules, such as for resizing or cropping. For each rule, you can set various options like the width & height of the image, rotation, facial recognition, and quality. You can insert watermarks when generating thumbnails.
Conversion rules are easy to write as they are in a query string format and you can reuse rules by importing or exporting them as files.
Also, you can enjoy optimized pricing since image conversion is only performed following the set conversion rule, helping you to avoid any unintended conversions.
Detailed Conversion History Lookup
The Image Optimizer is linked to Cloud Log Analytics, a log analysis service, so you can manage your service operation in detail by looking up the daily conversion history which took place. You can check the daily history in the Image Optimizer menu and the detailed log in the Cloud Log Analytics menu.
Thumbnail Conversion Preview
On the web console, you can instantly check how your conversion rule is applied through a thumbnail.
See the thumbnail to check and set the optimized conversion rule on images.
|Type Name||Description||Applicable Items||Example|
|Resize & Crop||Reduces the image size maintaining the ratio and crops the middle of the image.||Width|
|Resize||Changes the image size to fit inside the set width and height.||Width|
|Horizontal conversion||Changes the image size based on the width while maintaining the ratio||Width|
|Vertical conversion||Changes the image size based on the height while maintaining the ratio||Height|
|Coercion||Changes the image to the desired size by ignoring the ratio||Width|
|Billing Standards||Unit (Case)||Usage Section (Conversion Frequency / Month)||Charge (KRW)|
|Image Conversion Processing Count||1,000 KRW||less than 1,000 count||free|
|1,000 - 10,000 count||2,000 KRW / 1,000 count|
|10,000 ~ 3,000,000 count||1,500 KRW / 1,000 count|
|3,000,000 count||1,000 KRW / 1,000 count|
- 1,000 free downloads per month offered for development and testing for service deployment
- The converted thumbnails are kept in temporary storage briefly. If the thumbnails requested for conversion are stored in temporary storage, the stored thumbnails will be converted in temporary storage rather than converting the original image again.
- This kind of request will not be counted as a conversion, so your usage fee may be lower than the actual number of conversion requests. (※ Please note that due to the nature of temporary storage, the storage period for thumbnails will not be guaranteed.)
- The conversion counts will be rounded to the nearest 1000.
- Usage is updated monthly, and any unused allowance will not be carried forward.
- Linked products like Object storage, CDN, and CLA, will be charged separately. Please refer to product rate plan for details.
Case 1) When 1,600 images are converted in a given month,
2,000 KRW = 1000 free images excluded and the remaining 600 images rounded to 1000
Case 2) When 30,000 images are converted in a given month,
48,000 KRW = 1,000 images/ 1,000 images x 0 KRW + (10,000 images - 1,000 images) / 1,000 images x 2,000 KRW + (30,000 images - 10,000 images) / 1,000 images x 1,500 KRW
The Object Storage fee is calculated by combining the data storage fee, number of API requests, and network transfer fee.
Data Storage Fee
|Usage Level||Monthly Average Storage Fee (GB/month)|
|Under 1PB||28 KRW|
|Over 1PB||26 KRW|
- E.g., if 800GB of data is stored in Object Storage for 20 days and 2TB for 10 days, the monthly average storage (GB/month) is as follows: (Usage is calculated on an hourly basis for 30 days in a month)
- - Monthly storage = [800GB x (20 days x 24 hours) + 1024 GB x 2 x (10 days x 24 hours)]/720 hours = 1216GB/month
- - Monthly data storage fee = 1,216GB/month x 28 KRW = 34,048 KRW
Price of API Requests
|Type||Billing Unit||Meter Rate|
|PUT, COPY, POST, or LIST Requests||Per 10,000 requests||45 KRW|
|GET and Other Requests||Per 10,000 requests||4 KRW|
|DELETE Requests: All||All||Free|
|Type||Billing Unit||Usage Level||Meter Rate|
|Monthly transmission fee||GB||0–10TB||100 KRW|
|Over 500TB||70 KRW|
|Monthly request fee||10,000 requests||-||10 KRW|
- Service fee = Monthly transfer fee + Monthly request fee
- - Monthly transfer fee = Sum of total CDN transfer amount fees for the month
- - Monthly request fee = the number of total CDN requests for the month
Cloud Log Analytics
※ The CLA fee is charged by combining the log storage fee and API call fee.
|Billing Basis (Monthly)||Unit||Billing Amount (KRW/unit)|
|Combined Log Usage||Provided as default (under 1GB)||0 KRW|
|Capacity (Per 1GB)||800 KRW|
Case 1) If you store 10GB worth of application logs for 20 days, then store 20GB for the remaining 10 days of the month, the monthly average amount of data stored (GB/month) is as follows:
(Usage is calculated on an hourly basis, for 30 days in a month)
- Monthly average log usage = [10GB x (20 days x 24 hours) + 20GB x (10 days * 24 hours)]/720 hours = 13.3 GB/month
- Total monthly log storage fee = 13.3GB/month * 800 KRW = 10,640 KRW
- Data is stored for 30 days. Data stored over 30 days will be deleted automatically and no additional notification will be given in advance.
- The API call is used if you use the public API of CLA from external services. Currently, it is not charged.