언제 어디서나 고품질 온라인 생중계를 진행할 수 있는 최적의 플랫폼을 제공합니다.
Real-time conversion of online live video to various image qualities
Live Transcoder is a live video encoding platform that converts in real-time the live online video source sent from the customer's broadcasting equipment to various devices, such as mobile phones and computers, in various image qualities. With the Global Region service of the NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM, live broadcasts can be sent anywhere in the world. In addition, you can link to the CDN service to provide a stable, live streaming service to worldwide users. All of these features are easily accessible through a web-based console.
- Real-time Live Transcoding
- To provide the best viewing experiences to online live viewers in various environments, the media should be available to provide the various qualities, from HD to LD, in real-time. Live Transcoder provides the real-time live transcoding feature that can convert one RTMP source video to the desired quality for a set time frame.
- HLS Output
- Live Transcoder converts RTMP video sources to HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) output video. HLS is a widely-used, de-facto standard streaming protocol. With HLS, videos can be played on various devices, including mobile and computer. HLS Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) automatically converts video quality based on the user's network status to provide more stable non-stop live service.
- Convenient Use
- All Live Transcoder features are available through web-based management tools of NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM and Open API. Live streaming service can be easily connected with customer's service without complicated setting, and it is convenient to manage settings and to apply functions. You can apply and manage all back-end functions that are required for the live streaming service through the console.
- Efficient Cost Management
- The Live Transcoder fee is calculated in proportion to transcoding time and the number of delivered videos during the month, allowing easy cost estimation and management.
For stream playback on a variety of user device environments, Live Transcoder decodes the live-stream digital data of videos or audio and then encodes it again-process of transcoding. For smooth live streaming service, all transcoding tasks within Live Transcoder are performed in real-time in the following order:
- 1. Read the compressed data of an audio or video file
- 2. Decompress the compressed data
- 3. Compresses the audio or video file with the desired codec
- 4. Deliver the compressed data as a desired container format
Media transcoding requires relatively high-performance computing power. The higher the video quality and the more kinds of images to convert, means a higher server resources are required. If you use the Live Transcoder, you can perform real-time transcoding to the desired format without any worries about buying additional media solutions or complex server operation.
Live Transcoder supports Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) streaming. It checks the user's network status to deliver streams with higher or lower quality to offer flexible and efficient live services.
Thumbnail Image Extraction
Using the Live Transcoder, you can extract thumbnail images of an on-air live feed real-time by setting desired options (resolution and renewal interval). With these thumbnail images you can check the status of the on-air live-streams and use them for live services. Thumbnail images can be used to flexibility for users' live services.
Live Transcoder Feature
|Format||HLS (HTTP Live Streaming)|
|Codecs||Video: H.264||Codecs||Video: H.264|
|Audio: AAC||Audio: AAC|
|Bitrate||Up to 10Mbps||Output bitrate||Up to 4 transcoded streams|
|Resolution||Up to 1280x720 (HD 720p)|
|Stream ingest||Push source streams directly to NBP cloud||CDN||CDN Provided|
|Input Authentication||None (Using random stream key)||Output Authentication||None|
Live Transcoder pricing will be calculated according to the transcoding time on a monthly basis. Transcoding for 100 hours a month will cost you the price calculated based on the formula: 100 (Hour) x unit price. The time used is proportional to the number of output images. For example, if you broadcast for an hour with three different image quality, you are to pay for three-hour use.
This is the basic rate charged when using Live Transcoder.
|Hourly-rate plan||Transcoded output stream|
|Less than 720p (SD)||More than 720p (HD)||Passthrough||Audio only|
|Under 50hrs||6,000 KRW||12,000 KRW||1,500 KRW||1,500 KRW|
|50–100hrs||5,000 KRW||10,000 KRW||1,250 KRW||1,250 KRW|
|100–500hrs||4,000 KRW||8,000 KRW||1,000 KRW||1,000 KRW|
|Over 500hrs||3,000 KRW||6,000 KRW||750 KRW||750 KRW|
- Passthrough is a stream that converts to HLS maintaining the quality of the original file.
- The usage time of the output stream is accumulated by the transmission time.
- As the total usage time increases, the unit price automatically decreases. (Section Rate)
- You cannot provide a smooth live streaming service with the sole use of the Live Transcoder. A link to the NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM CDN is recommended at channel creation or on the Live Transcoder CDN Management tab.
- No additional fee is charged for test transmission or monitoring.
- The cost for saving the original recorded videos in File Storage or Object Storage will be charged separately as fees for each storage.
- Please be advised that a channel, which has been unused (without video input) over the last 30 days, will be automatically terminated.
CDN Usage Fee
When CDN is set when the Live Transcoder channel is created, a link to the NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM CDN is made automatically and the CDN usage fee is charged separately to the Live Transcoder usage fee.
|Classification||Billing Units||Usage Level||Meter-rate system|
|Monthly transmission fee||GB||0–10TB||100 KRW|
|Over 500TB||70 KRW|
|Monthly request fee||10,000 requests||-||10 KRW|
- Service fee = Monthly transfer fee + Monthly request fee
- - Monthly transfer fee = Sum of total CDN transfer amount fees for the month
- - Monthly request fee = The number of total CDN requests for the month
- Service charge example: CDN cost for when 200 users watch the broadcast for 1hr 30mins with 720p picture quality
- - Data usage for watching 1hr 30mins with 720p picture quality: (Video Bitrate x time (s) / 8) = (2000kbps x 60 x 90) / 8 = 1350,000Kbyte = 1.35Gbyte
- - Estimated charge: Around 30,000 KRW